All roads lead to Chaffee Crossing, distinctly situated at the center of the U.S. transportation grid. The region is recognized as a manufacturing hub with immediate access to all critical modes of transportation—interstates, rail, river and air.
A skilled workforce, readily available training through University of Arkansas-Fort Smith, Arkansas Tech University-Ozark Campus, Carl Albert State College and other local training centers are equipped to provide customized training as needed. These educational institutions produce top quality candidates who are ready to meet ever-evolving industry demands.
Chaffee Crossing has been recognized by national site selector publications as a top level development for industrial support and close proximity to transportation resources.
- First-rate infrastructure
- Access to Interstate 40 and Interstate 49
- Class I Rail (2) and Short Lines (4)
- Arkansas River Ports (2)
- Multiple Trucking Terminals and Warehouse Facilities
- Intermodal Handling Facilities
- Competitive local and state incentives
- #1 Manufacturing Hub in Arkansas
- Exceptional, well-established supply chains
- Highly skilled, cross-trained workforce
- "Right to Work” state
- Windmill tax exemption
- Attractive land costs in new, proactive industrial neighborhood
- Shovel-ready tracts with utilities to site
- Flexible, industrial-friendly zoning
- LOW costs of:
- Doing business
- Logistics/transportation of raw materials and finished goods
- Conventional energy - electric and natural gas
- Communications Technology - Fiber optic networks offered by four providers
- Outstanding quality of life – Arkansas is” The Natural State”
Interstate 40 / Interstate 49
Interstate 40 connects the east coast to the west coast of the United States across Virginia, Tennessee, Arkansas, Oklahoma, northern Texas, New Mexico and California. In July 2015, a new section of Interstate 49 opened through the heart of Chaffee Crossing, connecting western Arkansas to Winnipeg, Canada. This intersection of two major interstates provides ideal access to rail service and river ports as well as highway access to major metropolitan cities of Little Rock, Kansas City, Tulsa, Oklahoma City, Amarillo, Dallas, Shreveport, Memphis, Nashville and more. The Roberts Blvd. interchange is located immediately adjacent to the Chaffee Crossing industrial neighborhood with direct access to manufacturers and warehouses.
Fort Smith Railroad/Pioneer Railcorp
Fort Smith Railroad, a division of Pioneer Railcorp, is the primary rail service to Chaffee Crossing. Once freight enters the development, it is served on the Fort Chaffee Redevelopment Authority short line. Industrial customers enjoy the convenience of having access to railcar delivery direct to their facility.
Arkansas River Ports
The Ports of Van Buren and Fort Smith on the Arkansas River are operated by Five Rivers Distribution. Primary tonnage is sand, aggregates, grains and industrial components.
Arkansas River Ports
The Western Arkansas Regional Intermodal Transportation Authority is a division of the Western Arkansas Planning and Development District. This agency monitors existing infrastructure in order to serve as a planning and development catalyst for new shipping locations and methods. Through local and state partnerships, WA-RITA is working to expand the movement of goods and freight that are key drivers of the regional economy. Visit the WAPDD website for resources regarding all forms of transportation in the greater Fort Smith region.